Is proposing a man's job?
Check out the comments:
This makes me laugh - i feel sorry for you men as you have to keep telling yourselves that women are after your money, just to make yourselves feel big.
Furthermore statistics consistently show that marriage is bad for women financially (and in terms of our physical and mental health and happiness), and good for men in all these ways. So can we stop with this tired old meme that marriage is something women want and men have to be 'trapped' into. It simply isn't true. In my personal experience, it's the men who tend to be more keen on having the whole marriage-and-children package.
All this mumbo jumbo about women trying to lure guys into getting married: so you think your money is more attractive than you are?
Guys, get a bit more self-esteem! You might be more loveable than you think you are.
If you hate women and you're
not gay then what a very sad existence you must
lead. Your name says it all... Open your heart and
your mind and get a life!!!
The comments for articles on marriage always go the same way:
1. Men point out their intention of staying single because marriage only benefits women, women are invariably the ones who'll divorce a guy at the drop of a hat and take him for all he's worth,and that divorce (and now co-habitation) laws are a licence for women to financially fuck a man into oblivion.
2. Women accuse men of being cynical, claim 'not all women are goldiggers.'
3. Men point out they're not cynical, merely realists basing their opinions on experience of women's attitudes and behaviour, and by listening to men who've been divorced, and that, in fact, most women are indeed 'goldiggers' these days, or it's at least impossible to sort those who are from those who aren't.
4. Women sneer and claim marriage benefits men more than women, and allude to studies that are either bias, woefully out of date, or which just don't exist.
5. Men ask 'how do men benefit from slaving away to support a woman's early retirement and hobbies of shopping and watching telly?' and also sincerely ask why women, therefore, are the ones so keen on marriage, and men - even before feminism - aren't, if it's supposedly the case that men and not women benefit from marriage.
6. Women accuse men of being gay / insecure / misogynists / poorly endowed.
7. Men point out that this is merely shaming language, and try to steer the debate back to facts and logic.
8. Women accuse men of being hate-filled lunatics who are very sad and lonely, and, in case they didn't hear it the first time, are also in possession of very small willies.
9. Repeat 7 and 8 for a while.
10. Men get bored with the shaming language and go and play video games.
11. Women claim victory.